Monday, April 16, 2012

Evaluation One

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


Poster









I think that in a few ways my poster has challenged the conventions of a music poster. For a start the image which I photographed myself was not posed, it happened that I captured her when she was laughing. In many music posters (as seen below) the front image is normally posed in an artificial setting. I think that the colours in my poster work well with the genre of my song, something calm and mellow works well with neutral colours which is what i have tried to stick to also helping the advertisement of hmv to stand out. My poster is conventional for a music poster for the company hmv as i downloaded the correct font and the right logo's and stayed with the same colour theme. A key thing to post on a music poster is the cover of the album. I felt that the final cover to my digi-pack didn't stand out enough as it had the same colours as the image on the poster therefore i chose to use the cover of my practice digi-pack instead as i felt that the contrast worked a lot better. It is very important for everything to be clear and stand out to the consumer so the company is recognised and so that the poster and CD also look appealing.
Digi-pack

 I made sure that I stuck to most of the normal conventions used in a digi-pack such as the barcode, music company and regulation copyright text. All of these allow me to look as professional as possible whilst sticking to the guidelines off a conventional digi-pack. The text that I have put around the disk stick to the legal requirements of copyright, again enabling me to make my final product look as professional as I could.
The main picture on my digi-pack I took myself along with the other images throughout the digi-pack and lyric book. I decided to add a light leak to it so it wasn't too similar to the inside page. I think that the simplicity of my front cover sticks to most conventions of a digi-pack as I have tried to stick to a colour theme which matches my genre of music. The pictures which are featured in the lyric book are all my own too. I tried to follow the theme of her walking which is a scene in my final music video so I took a picture each step she took to make the background of the book. The unedited images that i took were all very neutral tones of browns and yellows however I decided to add a slight hint of pink so that it wasn't too boring, this also matches the colour of the disk. Sticking with the neutral theme I didn't make the pink too bright as it would have distracted away from the locations of where the photographs were shot. The location where I took the images is at the same location as where some of my final film was shot which links in nicely. 


After comparing my digi-pack to others such as Colbie Caillat I feel like mine is very similar as keeping to the neutral tones and chilled out look. It is clear that my images shown above and on my contact sheets are similar to those of other artists who's genre is the same or similar. The same font that I have used throughout my digi-pack and poster maintain the most professional look that I could achieve and follow the conventions of a unique, real, media product. 



No comments:

Post a Comment